1ST DAY OF SCHOOL
Zoey started her 2nd year of preschool! She loves going to school, and was so excited. Can't believe my baby girl will be in Kindergarten next year! CRAZY!!
CHRIS & SONNET
On September 4th, Ben's youngest Brother Chris got married! They were married in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Everything was beautiful, and they looked so happy. We love Sonnet, and are excited to have another sister-in-law!
Guillain Barre Syndrome
Ben's brother Mark was taken into the hospital on September 4th (Yes, the same day as his other brother's wedding!) Mark had been sick for a few days...he thought he might have had the swine flu or something. He slowly started losing all function in his body. By September 5th, he was in the ICU, and I believe on the 6th is when he had to be put on the ventilator. This has been one of the saddest things I have ever had to deal with. My heart was broken for Mark, for Joann & the kids, for Ben, and for their parents. At first we weren't sure what he even had. Thank goodness they diagnosed him quickly. It seems for the next few weeks we lived at the hospital and at their home...there was no where else we wanted to be. Ben wanted to be with Mark all the time. His Dad and him, and some of Marks friends took turns staying the nights with him. We didn't want Mark to have to be alone at all. We knew he was probably scared, and that it was a comfort to have someone there with him at all times. It was such a blessing to us to be able to serve him and his little family. We all learned so much through this trial...things I never could have learned otherwise. I was able to see a side of my husband that I don't think I ever would have gotten to see. I grew an even greater love for him. I grew closer to Joann, and to the kids. It really brought our families so close together. All we could do was just pray that he would get better...so that's what we did. We knew it was going to be a long road. We were told he could be in ICU for 6months, and wouldn't probably be fully recovered for a year. It was just so crazy how fast things happened. We love Mark, and just prayed everyday all day that he would recover and get back home to his little family.


2 comments:
ya righ you are so old jk
I can't believe I am going to be 28 in a few weeks, and I can't believe I have known you for 12 years! that is crazy!
Post a Comment