Sunday, September 7, 2008

WOW! What a great night!


This may seem wierd that I'm blogging about this, but this is something HUGE to me...and I need record of it. Zoey is SO SO picky, and WILL NOT eat anything, and will throw a fit when I try to make her try something new to eat. This has been an issue since she started eating real foods. Tonight for the first time in her life...Zoey ate a piece of chicken! Yes, she eats chicken nuggets all the time, but I'm talking about a piece of regular old chicken breast! I could hardly believe my eyes...no tears, no forcing it in her mouth...all on her own! I did bribe her with a sucker and a slurpee, but still! I got all teary eyed! I'm so proud of her, and I know that was so hard for her to do that, but she did! Wahhhoooo!!! Hopefully this is the start of her expanding her food options! Way to go Zoey...I'm SO VERY PROUD of you!

11 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so proud of her! Glad she ate it...but who wouldn't eat Ritz Chicken?!? Sooo good!!

Anonymous said...

That is seriously huge! Hopefully she will keep it up! That is awesome of her though!

Tukuafu's said...

YEAH ZOEY!! Trust me Jen, it gets easier to feed them!

Emily said...

That is so good! Kids are funny with food. Devin won't eat chicken unless it has salsa on it!

The Olsen's said...

Way to Go Zoey!!! I know exactly how you feel..Kate is sooo picky!

Amy said...

I feel your pain girl! But I have to say that I am way excited for you that Zoey did it, woo hoo Zoey! What's your secret?

Kiersti said...

I totally understand! You give me hope - Lauren is the exact same way. So woo hoo! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!!!!

Spencer family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Maybe that was her early birthday gift to you! Way exciting!

Shauna said...

Too funny...oh, the joys of parenthood. Kids just get set in thier own ways, trust me, totally understand that! Pretty soon she will be like mine & won't quit eating everything in site!
BTW...Happy Birthday again yesterday!! :}

Zachary and Shanna said...

Great Job. Zoe!!!