Saturday, September 27, 2008

I can ride a Bike!

So Ben and I thought it would be fun to start riding bikes! Who would have thought I'd enjoy it as much as I did! It was so fun, and a great work out! We took our bikes to the Jordan Parkway, and went for about an hour ride. It was so nice to be out as a family enjoying the PERFECT weather! Zoey loves to ride in her little seat behind Ben. Ben's lucky...she rubs his back along the way! We rode for about 35 minutes or so, and then stopped at this little park that was along the path. Zo had fun playing, and LOVED seeing all the ducks! Their was a ton of them!
Getting ready to go! She just had to try on the backpack!
Taking a break to play at the park!

Check out those ducks! This guy brought seriously like 15 loafs of bread! The ducks were in heaven!

Zo in her little seat! She was a little excited about finding a feather!

So this is my bike! It is probably at least 18 years old! It was my Grandma's, and she gave it to me. It works just great...just looks a little old fashioned. Do you like that seat cover?! Can't bring myself to remove it since Grandma put it on there!

We made it! I'm so glad we went out and did that! Now I know I can still ride a bike, and that I actually like it! I think we are going to keep this up! Sad to just figure out we like this, and now the winter is almost here. Oh well, there is always next summer!!

3 comments:

Zachary and Shanna said...

Looks like your bike is great. It looks alot like mine. Except mine is a diffrent color. We have a nice trail by our house that is great for bike riding. We love to go.

BreeAnn said...

Hey that is a good idea, it is good exercise and good family time. We need to do that too!

Shauna said...

Good for you...it's also one of our favorite family activities-which is nice to find something enjoyable to do together, and especially when it's good exercise & doesn't take any $! :} Keep it up! And shoot...we just got rid of our child seat like that, could have given it to you!