Last night was quite a crazy night. We were gone to Ben's softball game for most of the night. Well, on our way home Ben calls me (I was in a different car!), and says it looks like their is a fire close to our house. I said, "I hope it's not ours!" He said it didn't look that close to ours, but probably at least in our ward. Well, he got home and called me again and said "Our neighbors house is totally on fire and has a big hole in the top of it." So this is what we came home too. There were tons of fire trucks, news crews, and people all around. I feel so bad for this family that lives here. They have only lived here for just over a year. I guess the Dad had bbq'd dinner, and then thought he turned it off...pushed it back under the deck against the house...went inside and started to eat dinner. Then in an instant the house was up in flames. They say it is pretty much a total loss since it got up into the attic. They were very concerned about their animals. I know the little girl lost her farrot...she was absolutely devistated. Then they couldn't find one of their dogs. Well, as the firemen were cleaning out the house one of them came walking out with the dog in his arms. Now I'm not an animal person, and don't quite understand the attatchment to a dog....but I got tears in my eyes when I saw him with the dog. It was under the bed of the master bedroom (which is the top room right off the deck that was on fire), and he was fine...scared, but fine. I have never seen anything like this...it was quite scary how close it was. I'm glad that the family is ok, and it was awesome to see how our neighborhood got together to help this family with whatever we could. I love my neighborhood and am glad nothing happened to any other homes, or to any people. What a night!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
That is a scary experience. I am sorry for the family, but glad that your home was not damaged by the fire.
I was wondering if you'd post pictures of this! Wow, what a crazy night -- I was worried about your house for a while.
Jen, e-mail me and tell me who's house it was (brandee@ieinsurance.com). I had no idea any of this happened. I'm glad everyone's okay.
Holly Crap that is crazy!!
I'm glad you are ok
Wow that is amazing how close that is. I guess you are luck becasue you have such a huge backyard. I am glad the poor dog was ok.
It's amazing how fast fire can travel. I didn't see it on the news. So thanks for posting pictures. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!
I was at work all night, I had no idea glad everyone was okay!
Jen how crazy for you guys! It really puts things into perspective when something like that happens huh? I'm glad that no one was hurt and I'm even more glad it wasn't your house. Wow, scary!
That is so crazy! I'm glad to hear no one was hurt.
Crazy stuff! Glad no one was hurt! Yea, a little scary being so close to home, you never know!
WOW! I can't imagine how scary that would be. A house up the street from my started on fire and had to be rebuilt and they lost so much stuff. So glad it wasn't your house and everyone is safe.
Post a Comment