What a morning I had today! Now I should start off counting my blessings that I've never had car trouble, that being a flat tire or anything! Today I got my taste of what it's like to have a car breakdown! Well, not a car...Ben's huge massive truck! I was driving to work...getting of the freeway at 5th south, and getting ready to turn left onto 400 west when all the sudden I can't turn the truck! I looked down and all the lights were off in the truck. Well, here I'm trying to turn this huge truck with no power steering. Good thing I'm tough, and was able to (ha! had to give myself props!)! So I got the truck at least turned, and it just died right in the middle of the road. I didn't have time to pull off to the side or anything. I had no idea what to do! I turned on my hazzards, and watched as SO MANY MEN drove past me honking and waving hands at me because they are mad I'm blocking the road. As if I chose to just stop my truck right there in the middle of the road. I was so upset that not 1 person stopped to help me. Nobody got out and asked if I was ok, if I needed a phone, or anything! I was shocked at people's lack of compassion to help out a stranded girl! Plus, I was right by the homeless shelters, in the rain, and not a clue as to what to do! My point of writing this is in hopes that a "man" will read this and think the next time they see someone (most importantly a woman!) broken down they will at least stop to offer some help instead of honking horns, and making me cry! (Yes, I didn't know what else to do, so what better than to just cry...it helped me feel better!)
Oh, and to finish off the story...I called my work and Dawn found a guy (thanks Mark) to come and help me! In the meantime...the truck somehow managed to start (after me trying a bazillion times already) and I was able to drive the rest of the way to work. I'm now waiting at work so Ben can come pick me up, and he can drive it home!!!
Got to love car trouble!

3 comments:
I'm so glad you made it to work. That sucks to feel helpless and not have anyone there to assist you...stupid drivers - the least they could have done is asked if you needed any help. So rude!
That is so awful! I can't believe that no one would help you! I will be sure to tell sam to help if he ever see's, although I'm sure he would anyways.
That sucks though!
Oh, that doesn't sound fun at all! And frustrating no one stopped to help...that makes me so mad! I would have been scared to drive it again after that!
Post a Comment