Saturday, August 2, 2008

Life Is Good!

Ok, so first off I have to thank my friend Shauna for her great last post...and I warned her that I was totally going to steal it. Well, here...I'm actually going to copy and paste a little part of her's so that I can give her credit for it...

"So...I thought it would be fun to hear what makes you say to yourself "Life is good!". Whether it be a memory, something that's just a part of your life, whatever. Tell me, I want to know what makes life good for you! Then think about it each morning when you wake up & then you're day will be off to a great start!"

I have actually been thinking about this very thing quite often lately. It seems like life has been handing us one headache after another lately, and it is so easy to pity ourselves and feel sorry for ourselves. I have been totally guilty of this especially over the last six months or so. It's so easy to focus on everything negative that happens to us, and it causes us to overlook the positive things in our lives. I have tried over the last week or so to just take a step back and look at my life, and realize "Life is Good"!

Some close to me might be shocked to hear me say that right now, but really overall I have been SO blessed in my life. Lets start off with Ben...wow, I have the most amazing husband ever. I couldn't ask for anything more. He is my rock when I am just crumbling inside. He helps me keep life in perspective and to remember the things that are important in life. Next, Zoey...don't get me started..ok, here come the tears! I am SO lucky to have such a healthy, smart, beautiful, energetic, loving little girl. Many of you know that we have been struggling with having another baby for 2 years now. I have had a hard time with it because I just can't understand why it wont happen again for us...but then I think how selfish I'm being. I have one, and there are some people that can't have any...who am I to think I'm so unfortunate and to get mad and upset that I'm not getting pregnant again. Do I want more children...OF COURSE, but I am SO THANKFUL that I have my little Zoey and I'm learning to be content with that for right now! I could go on, and on about what makes my life good...just to name a few more...my wonderful family, my awesome friends, and a home to live in.

I have seen a lot lately whether it be on t.v., or just hearing about or knowing someone with circumstances that are so much worse than mine. It really made me take a step back and realize, LIFE IS GOOD!
Please reply and let me know what makes your life good! Help make this one of my favorite posts yet! (Even if you don't have a blog, but read this...you can still add a comment...just do it as anonymous and sign your name at the bottom of your comment!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great post Jenn!
Hum...I think in a lot of ways I'm like you, right now we are going through a rough patch of life and its sometimes hard to think that "life is good" but all in all, like you said, their are so many people out there that have it a hundred times worse than I do. I mean, I sit and pity myself thinking, right now we don't even have a house to call our own. But really, when I think about it, we are so lucky to have a family that has let us stay and share their home for the time being. At least we have a roof over our heads and aren't homeless. And to have a wonderful loving husband, I am so blessed to have him! Their are so many people that are abused by their spouse or don't have a spouse at all, and Sam is just wonderful to me and the kids. And of course, my kids....(just like you, here come the tears) I have so many overwelming feelings for my children. I cannot even express into words how much I love them! They are what keeps me going in life, they make me want to be a better person, and to wake up everyday seeing their smiling faces, I can't help but smile and think to myself, yes, life is good!
Anyways, enough blabbing from me! I loved your post (I might be stealing it!)
Thanks for giving me the chance to express how great life really is! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I do read your blog and Jo's to keep up with your life and what's going on. I'm sure you know the past 5 months have been hell, so I'm greatful my doctor insisted on a scan and we "accidentally" found my aneurysm." So, the long of the short is I'm glad to be alive! Love you guys and miss you!-Jill ps..hopefully I'll go back to work by the and of this month! :)

Shauna said...

Well great post Jenn...I'd have to agree myself! :} I'm really sorry to hear you're going through all that! I never did say life was easy! That blog would just be a lie if I said that! Sometimes it takes those trials & tribulations to make us stronger. As a believer of there's a reason for everything.....you have to remind yourself that if it's meant to happen, it will happen. Zoey is ABSOLUTELY adorable. Know we luv ya & wish you the best. I'm tellin ya, all the friends I know who have "tried" to get pregnant & struggle with it, seem to when they actually quit "trying" so hard. Don't ask me why; but, it's true...I've seen it! Just live your life to the fullest & whatever needs to happen will happen!
P.S...as you know, that's one reason we love Jazzercise so much...so we can just let out that stress!!

Shauna said...

P.S.S....ok, thanks for making me teary eyed here at work too! :}

BreeAnn said...

I love you girl! I know this past little while has been so crazy for you, but you are strong and you are getting through the trials,and things always have a way of working themselves out! I really liked that post!

Keri said...

Hey Jen,

Even though you probably only remember the back of my head from Primary, I hope you don't mind me commenting. Some gals and I have a blog called SOS (link on my blog page) that has been a lifesaver to me as we're working on the second child thing. You're welcome to join us anytime you like.

As far as the life is good thing - Having a fabulous hubby, gorgeous son, and food on the table is enough for me!

Ashley said...

Thanks for the post Jenn! I think that so many of us are quick to forget the blessings our Heavenly Father has given us and we need that little reminder! I love that you posted this so we can all see that we are not the only ones having hard times. I am grateful that I have loving friends and family that support me in all that I do. I love how you see the positive in everything and you are are wonderful person! Thanks again!

Tracy Christensen said...

Jen you are awesome. I'm sorry for taking so long to read my own comment section of our blog. It was good to meet you too at the reunion. You are so dang cute. And I love what you have done with your blog. I need some help with mine. Too plain. so can you email me and we can hook up on the phone something. Thanks girl.

Tamara said...

Hey Jenn,

I love this post. It's been so easy to have a pity party with our whole double mortgage thing, that I've really had to stop and count my blessings. Of course as soon as I do that, we are even more blessed by getting great renters. Every time a challenge comes along, I'm reminded of someone else's challenge that is 100 times more difficult. Nice to have friend's blogs to remind me to put it all in perspective! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn. Hopefully you remember me. Kari found me and you were on hers. I'm glad I found you. We're planning a BBQ for our old high school gang again. I need your home address so I can send you the invitation. e-mail me @ brendanjeff@comcast.net a.s.a.p.

Kim said...

Thanks! I love this post just hadn't had time to comment on it. We all have so much to be grateful for...it's good to keep things in perspective and remember what we have when times seem a little rough. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is cute. Sorry to hear you haven't been able to have another one. My best friend is going through the same thing. Her son is five now and they're still trying. But she said the same thing. At least they have one. Hope things will work out for you. I don't always respond quickly, but eventually I do. I'm glad we can keep in touch now.