
We Did It! Yesterday Ben and I, and Ben's brother Chris participated in a 5K race in West Valley! Ben had heard about it, and really wanted to do it. He kept bugging me that I should do it with him, and that it would be cool if we could do it together. I reallly had no desire to do it, and I really didn't think I could do it. To me...3.2 miles is forever long! Considering I've never been able to run longer than about 8 minutes at a time! But what do ya know...I was actually able to do it! All this exercising is actually paying off! I can now say I've been there, and done that...don't know if I'll be doing it again anytime soon. It was a great accomplishment, and I'm so glad I did it, but it really wasn't fun! We all did great...Chris finished in about 26 mintues, Ben in about 28 minutes, and I finished at 36 minutes. Ben and I both reached our goals. Ben's was to run it in under 30 minutes, and my goal was to run the entire time, and to finish in less than 38 minutes! This being our first race...we didn't know that you stayed until everyone finished and that they did awards and gave out ribbons and stuff. Come to find out I actually placed 3rd in my age group. I was pretty excited about that! YAY for us, and thanks Ben for talking me into it!

The course went right past my sister's house, so they sat out on the porch and cheered for us as we ran past!

There is Ben waving at Zoey!
We did it!
9 comments:
Jenn-You look AWESOME!! I'm so proud of you! Keep it up, in no time you'll be running 1/2 marathons with Jess.
Next time I won't be watching on the porch...I'll be doing it with you! Congrats, you did awesome!
wow! you go girl! I am so impressed! I didn't know that you were doing that. Seriously that is amazing!
Third place, that does say alot!!! You are amazing and there's another reason why. Way to go!
You look totally hot in those pictures! Maybe I do need to try your latin dancing!
Congradulations on a great accomplishment.
That is awesome! And you look so great!
What an incredible accomplishment for the both of you. Congrats!! By the way, girl, you look absolutely amazing!!
Good Job! I have never been a runner and I admire people who can! You guys look great and I'm jealous. Keep up the good work. Deanna
Post a Comment